This article is all about how to enhance your WhatsApp security by enabling two-step verification in WhatsApp. Whatsapp is a widely used social media platform in today’s world and in nowadays WhatsApp has been busy in enhancing the security of its app according to the need of users. In last year whatspp will be purchased by Facebook and enabled end-to-end encryption in it to increase whatsapp security. Now in this new year whatsapp launched a new feature know as two-step verification. By using this feature we enhance our whatsapp security. After usig this security feature we will make sure that no one can set up your whatsapp account with just your mobile number. This new feature of whatsapp will be available on all the devices no matter you are using iphone, android and windows phone.
Now let’s start here how to enable two-step verification in whatsapp
1. First of all, we will open Whatsapp Messenger on our Android Smartphone, iPhone and also on Windows Smartphone. Now we will go to the Whatsapp settings by clicking on the three dots which placed at the right top corner of Whatsapp messenger, here we will saw various option but we will click on the settings option.
2. Now after that in the setting menu we will click on the “Account” option to proceed.
3. After that now we will click on the “Two-step verification” option from the account menu to proceed.
4. Now after that, we will tap on the “Enable” option and saw that it will ask you for “Enter a 6-digit passcode which you’ll be asked for when you register your phone number with WhatsApp:”. Now here we will enter 6 digit passcode and then click on the next button to proceed.
5. Now after that, it will again ask you for confirm your passcode, now here we will again enter the same password and then click on next button to proceed.
6. Now after that, we will enter our recovery email address in next step to reset your passcode in the future and also in the case when you forgot the passcode we can reset it by this given recovery email address.
7. If you don’t want to add email address then you can skip this step and your WhatsApp two-step verification will be enabled.
8. Always remember that If you don’t want to lock your WhatsApp Account, then it is highly recommended that you should enter your recovery email address, and then click on next button.
9. Now after that, it will again ask you for confirm your email address, now here again enter your recovery email address here which is given by you in previous step, and then click on the save button to proceed.
10. Now after confirmed your recovery email address tap on “Done” option to proceed. Now your WhatsApp two-step verification will be enabled. After that in “two-step verification” option, you will saw three options that are given below.
Disable: – By using this option, you can disable your “Two-step verification”.
Change passcode: – By using this option, you can change your passcode.
Change email address: – By using this option, you can able to change your registered recovery email address from your whatsapp account.
Once the “Two-step verification” is enabled, then you will have to enter the passcode you set in previous step whenever you will have to register your phone number with WhatsApp in other devices.
In future if you want to disable two-atep verification, change passcod and change email address then simply go into the “two-step verification” option here you can find all of these options and do what you want with your security.
Always remember that if you don’t give a recovery email address in two-step verification process and you do not remeber your passcode. In that case you can only be able to reverify your whatsapp account without the passcode after a week. So always provide a recovery email in two-step verification process. If you have any queries regarding this solved out through the comment section and also provide your feedback through the comment section.